Smart Grocery Labels

Some food for thought —

“Low sugar” – Usually means there are fake sugars like Aspartame. Most artificial sweeteners are several times sweeter than traditional sugar. 

For example, Splenda is almost 600x as sweet as sugar. This can cause your taste buds to get used to overly sweet foods and make you MORE addicted to sweet foods.

“Low fat” – Usually means more fake ingredients, possibly more sugar, and much less satisfying…. Meaning you may end up eating more calories anyway!

“Organic” – Long story short… The U.S. Department of Agriculture allows the use of the USDA Organic seal on products that are 95% organic… meaning the other 5% of ingredients are questionable. 

Simple solution: Eat foods that ARE organic, not foods that HAVE organic ingredients. And if you can’t pronounce it — don’t eat it!

There are so many marketing strategies targeting us as repeat consumers. Shop smart, and don’t fall for the fluff!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.